This Privacy Statement applies to SHAL Housing Limited (“SHAL”), a charity registered in England (company registration number 27772R). Our registered office is at 2 King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3DG.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identify of that person”.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you and members of your household:
- Title and full name
- Address and post code
- Telephone numbers (including home, mobile and work)
- Email address
- National Insurance number
- Bank account details
- Your protected characteristics (Equality Act 2010):
- Date of birth and age
- Gender (including gender reassignment)
- Marital/Civil Partnership status
- Race (including ethnicity and nationality)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Economic status (including details of employment, claims for benefits and Universal Credit)
We may also collect personal data for next of kin or who to contact in the event of an emergency (if applicable).
Why does SHAL need to collect and store personal data?
We need personal data in order for us to provide you with the service(s) to which you have contracted or otherwise given your consent. We are committed to ensuring the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will SHAL share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data to third-party service providers contracted to SHAL in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on our behalf and will do so in line with the requirements of GDPR.
How will SHAL use the personal data it collects about me?
SHAL will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. SHAL is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for company tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will SHAL contact me?
We may use your information to contact you with details about products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We will also contact you when we feel the information is relevant to the services which we are contracted to provide to you.
Can I find out what personal data the organisation holds about me?
SHAL at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If SHAL does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (where applicable)
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of SHAL or a third party, information about those interest
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third party or international organisation, information is available about how we do this securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure that there are specific measures in place to secure your information
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it was not collected from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
SHAL will be required to verify your identity if you request information on your personal data. You will need to produce:
- Photo driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill from within the last three months
If you do not have these documents and forms of ID you will need to speak to SHAL about how we can process your request to access the personal information we hold.
Data Protection Manager (“DPM”)
SHAL is not required to appoint a DPO under the GDPR but we have decided to appoint a Data Protection Manager. We understand that the same duties and responsibilities apply had we been required to appoint a DPM. We support our DPM to the same standards. Our contracted DPM service reports directly to our highest level of management and is given the required independence to perform their tasks. Our DPM is tasked with monitoring compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, our data protection policies, awareness-raising, training, and audits.
Phone: 01278 421020
Write: Data Protection Manager, axis first, Axis House, 53-55 St. Mary Street, Bridgwater, TA6 3EQ
Document Owner and Approval
The DPM is the Owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this statement is reviewed in line with the requirements of current legislation.
SHAL Housing Limited
Phone: 01278 444344
Write: 2 King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3DG
Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government (MHCLG)
If your household has entered a new social housing tenancy after 1989, social housing providers would have shared your personal information with the Government for research and statistical purposes. Each time we re-let a property we complete a CORE (COntinuous REcording of social housing lettings and sales) form. You can find out about the information collected and how it’s stored by reading the Privacy Notice from the MCHLG.