The Social Housing Green Paper was published in August 2018 and was called a New Deal for Social Housing.
This week the government took the next step and published the long awaited White Paper called The Charter for Social Housing Residents and focusses on:
- To be safe in your home
- To know how your landlord is performing
- To have your complaints dealt with promptly and fairly
- To be treated with respect, backed by a strong consumer regulator for tenants
- To have your voice heard by your landlord
- To have a good quality home and neighbourhood to live in
- To be supported to take your first step to ownership
76 pages can be overwhelming but it’s an important document and we’d like to know what you think. The 6 page Executive Summary is a lot easier to digest!